Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ok, ok. So, I know I've been TERRIBLE about updating my blog! I'm sorry. Our internet has been SUPER slow, so it takes 3 years to do anything! & we've just been staying busy. But here I am. So, after the wedding, we moved into my brother-in-law's second house, which was beautiful! But, the longer we lived there, the more we found wrong with it. Man alive! For a 7 year old house, it had a lot of issues! The AC had a mind of it's own, which never seemed to agree with us. There were more creaks & sounds in that house that in ANY old house I've ever been in! Let me just say, being in that house alone was CREEPY! There was definitely at least once that I actually left & just went for a drive because I got so freaked out while Cody was at work. Call me crazy. The walls blocked less sound than a sheet of paper, which made it a little tough when Cody's brother (Jeremy) was there working (his office was there.) All in all, it just wasn't a great arrangement for us, or him. So, we ended up moving out to Cody's parents house, where we're living now. It's much better as far as feeling comfortable & at home, plus we're saving money & we don't have to worry about getting in Jeremy's way. It's only temporary & we don't mind it. Well, the latest big news... I'M PREGNANT!!! Yes, that's a good thing & yes, it was on purpose. We're so excited! Don't worry though, we'll be in a place of our own before the baby is born. (I know that's what some of you were thinking. Haha!) I've learned a lot of things in the past few weeks that I never knew about pregnancy. 1 being that "Morning Sickness" has absolutely NOTHING to do with mornings! Whoever named it that was vastly misguided & has been deceiving the world ever since! I was pretty much expecting to feel a little nausea in the mornings & then great the rest of the day... Yeah, NOT HAPPENING! It's been better the last few days since I've been taking the kidney support supplement that Dr. Joe gave me. Yeah, kidney support, go figure! Who knew something like that would help with "morning" sickness? Dr. Loomis is who! But I tell ya what, I'm glad! It's still there some, of course, but it's getting much better. For example, I can actually eat food & I can actually keep the food that I eat in my stomach! For a while, I forgot what that was like! It's kinda nice! I always knew I would eat more as a prego woman, but dang! I never knew I would have this constant feeling of starvation! It's a bit insane. Also, no one ever told me that being pregnant would unplug my brain. I feel half retarded, for Heaven's Sake! I can't remember anything. Most of the time, I don't even know what day it is. Anytime I try to think or figure something out, it doesn't really seem to work & I just end up confusing myself. Another thing I always knew was that I would be more tired, but I didn't know I would end up sleeping half the day & lounging around the other half to do lack of energy & strength. Even something as small & simple as getting up to get a drink, or going to the bathroom, drains me of everything I have & more. I get dizzy & usually feel like I'm going to pass out &/or be sick. Mentally, I have all this energy & I want to be hyper & play with the dog, or I feel ambitious & want to get things done, but then I try to actually do something & feel like I'm going to die. It's not the most fun, since I hate sitting still & I get way fidgety, but as Chris said, it's for a good cause. I'm just hoping the no energy thing will pass with the nausea thing, which according to family history & popular opinion, should only last the first tri-mester. I read a thing that said in most cases carbs seem most appealing to pregnant women... I've seen kind of the opposite. I mostly want fruits & soups & light things. Cold things! I guess I have been kind of craving Olive Garden bread sticks, but that's pretty much the only kind of bread. Mashed potatoes have been on my mind a bit as well... with brown gravy. I haven't really been able to eat meat much though. & certain smells have been discovered to make me instantly nauseous! Like smoked cheddar & lunch meat. Uh, even just thinking about the smell is making my stomach churn! Somehow the only things I've been able to keep down consistently are Chop Suey & Pizza Rolls! Go figure. How did I get back on food? We may never know. I'm finding the personal space thing to be kinda big. Cody & I are both very cuddly people & physical touch is very important to us both, but lately I've been finding myself not wanting to be real close to or touched by anyone or anything! Even just t-shirts make me feel like I'm being strangled & when Cody gets in my face & wants to be sweet & snugly, I feel like I'm suffocating. I get a sudden understanding of claustrophobic people! It's weird! It's hard, cuz I don't want to be mean & be like "Get out of my face!" but that's kind of how I feel a lot of times. I know he can't wait until that part passes. I'm with him on that one. In other news, just before we found out I was pregnant, we got a dog! Yay, right? I guess. He's really cute & pretty sweet, & that's been the only thing to save him, several times! He's about 7 months old & he's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I guess you could say he's between a small & medium sized dog. Not as big as Maia & Yamah, but not as small as Mom & Pop Miner's wiener dogs. He's still a puppy, so he's not the best at listening or behaving, but he's getting better... slowly... ever so slowly. Haha! He's fun though. Another thing I know some of you have been a little worried about is Cody & I moving to Utah. Well, don't worry, We're going to stay around here to have the baby. We've been praying about it & we still feel like we're supposed to go out there, but we feel like it's ok to wait till next fall, so we'll be around here for at least another year or so. Um... I think that's all the big news for now... I'll try to update more often. I hope everything is going well with all of you! Love you all! Keira

3 comments:

Chris said...

Well for crying out loud (and soon you'll really know what that's like)... It's about time. Glad to hear that you're doing well, despite first tri challenges. Once second tri comes around you'll feel much better. Then comes the nesting.. fun! And did I miss it, or did you not say what your dog is named?

Keira Miner said...

Um, yeah... I'm just brain dead. His name is Winston. & yes, I cannot wait till the second tri! I think I'll throw a party!

Our Family said...

hey so where are you guys living in august?