Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Start of a New Life

Well, Cody & I have now been married for 9 days! We were married last Friday in the Nauvoo LDS temple. It was absolutely amazing! We arrived at the temple around noon for our 1:00 sealing. When we drove into Nauvoo, it was cloudy & rainy & nasty. We had several umbrellas & were prepared to have them in our pictures. Not fabulous, but do-able. As you'd probably guess, however, the weather was very low on our list of concerns. All we wanted was to get in there & be married already! As I stood in the bride's room with my mom, preparing to go up to the sealing room, it was hard not to cry. But, knowing that my mascara was not waterproof, I fought it hard & somehow won! Walking up to the sealing room & waiting in an empty room with Cody before our sealing, I'm sure his hand was going numb from my holding it so tightly. The excitement was overwhelming & the whole day was highly surreal. Knowing that in just moments, I would be Mrs. Miner & I would never again have to worry about losing him. The sealing was perfect & I couldn't have asked for or imagined it to be any better! Then, as we came out of the temple, we looked out to find blue skies with the sun shining brightly & the most perfectly beautiful weather we could have hoped for! No umbrellas were needed. We took tons of pictures & never once had to force or conjure a smile. In fact, we couldn't get rid of them. Well, except to replace it with a few silly faces, but that's what Cody does best! The reception on Saturday was beautiful & as always, mom's cake was amazing! Several people pitched in to decorate & prepare food. Overall, it was fabulous! Aside from now being married, though, the best part of the weekend was getting to have my family around, all together (minus Amber, who we missed greatly.) & getting to spend time with them! I miss being around them all the time, so it's so great when we get a chance to all get together again & just have fun together! So, now, after the first week, & going to church in my new ward, it's finally hitting me... little things like the fact that when I introduce myself, it's no longer, "Hi, I'm Keira Shelby," it's "Hi, I'm Keira Miner." Having to remember to sign things (like checks) as Keira Miner, instead of Shelby. Telling people "This is my HUSBAND, Cody" instead of "fiance." Things like that. It's tricky at times, but it's fun, & never frustrating, but simply entertaining! I love being married. It's truly amazing! Never waking up alone anymore, but always next to the man of my dreams & actually feeling like I am the woman of his. Today was Cody's first day back at work. He's only been there a few hours & he's just 2 min. up the road, but I miss him terribly, which is a surprisingly wonderful thing. When he's not here with me, I feel the void. He is so wonderful, & always treats me like a princess. He does everything he can to make my life easier & to make me as happy as possibly, which right now, isn't hard at all. All he has to do is smile at me & tell me he loves me, but he does so much more. He is the greatest part of my life & I love him with all my heart. I'll get some wedding photos posted as soon as I get them back! I know, I can't wait to see them either! I love you all! & for Mom & Dad, all my brothers & their families, Mom & Pop Miner & all my new brothers & sisters in law & everyone else who helped out: Thank you so much! You have no idea how much Cody & I appreciated all you did to make our wedding beautiful & special! You took over & did everything & took all the stress off of us (which is big, because I SUCK at letting people do things for me!) & even just you being there made the weekend perfect! We love you all! Keira Miner

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope married life is going wonderfully for you two! I was going to send a wedding card, but I didn't have an address. I hope all is well! Our new blog address is: joahwalker.blogspot.com

Mike and Sarah said...

Woman, you need to update this more. I want to see pics of your new place and all your new surroundings.

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

I concure with Sarah...UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Moore4jess said...

I totally know how it is to have to get used to signing your new name...I still sometimes catch myself wanting to write it differently. It becomes habit though. Oh, and I totally didn't know you had a blogspot! It's awesome huh!