Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome

Today has been an absolutely amazing day. It started out yesterday around 11am, when Cody & I were laying around & my water broke. I had 3 1/2 weeks left till my due date, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Long story, short I called Dr. Puckett's office to see what they thought. They weren't sure if I was actually in labor or not, so Dr. Puckett said she wanted me to go ahead & come in to the hospital & get checked out to confirm if my water had broken or if it was something else. So, Cody called into work & we came back up from the lake. We Got to the hospital a little before 4 yesterday afternoon. they did a test that confirmed that my water was, in fact, broken. I was dialated to a 1 & 50% effaced. So, they moved us to a birthing room & got us checked in. They decided that since my water broke at 11 & I was still only at a 1, that they wanted to start me on petocin to get things moving, as well as antibiotics since she was a little early. Mom, Dad & Jeremy arrived around 7:30. At this point, the monitor was showing contractions, but I wasn't feeling anything. I stayed at 1cm for hours & barely less at 2. Somewhere between 2 & 3, I started actually feeling the contractions. As they continued to up the petocin, the contractions got stronger & painful. Mom & Cody stayed up with me all night, helping me through them. I couldn't have done it without them. - *I started this post while in the hospital the day Lorelai was born (February 19th, but for whatever reason, never finished it, so I'll do so now. - Finally, at 6:13 am, Lorelai Marie Miner was born. 18 inches long & 5lbs 14oz. She's beautiful & perfect! We love her so much & just can't get enough of her! *For pictures: See my Facebook. Most of you should have access. If not, let me know.

No comments: